Bukit Timah is a residential estate and planning area found in Singapore central region in its western part. It lies an approximation of 10 kilometers away from business district center, which borders Tanglin towards the south, Novena towards the east, Bukit Panjang towards the Northwest, Central water catchment towards the north, Clementi towards the southwest, Bukit Batok towards the west, and Queenstown towards the south. Bukit Timah stands out to have a high density of private houses with support from government-fund development of public housing. Bukit Timah’s residential properties are extremely expensive about the outskirts places away from the city.
Bukit Timah Road Located Near to Bukit Panjang
The Bukit Timah road was finished in 1843 december.there was the construction of hut with chairs for visitors. The road was leading to the hill which was then viewed as an “excellent sanatorium” since the air there was more fresh and cool compared to the plain, which then produces an agreeable spirits exhilaration. Dairy Farm Residences is located right in the heart of Bukit Timah and the developer for the plot of land is United Engineers Limited Singapore.
Bukit Timah Road 25KM Long
Bukit Timah road is 25-km long; hence in Singapore, it becomes the longest road that runs north and south, getting its name from Bukit Timah hill. In 1845 the road was completed, but there was a human threat since the road had tigers. 1n 1860, about 200 people had been killed by the tigers around pepper plantations. In 1840, the first island horseback ride happened in Bukit Timah Road; taking four days after being made by Dr. Little and Mr. Thomson.
Bukit Timah Road Occupied by the Japanese
When the last defense stand happened against the Japanese army that was invading, Bukit Timah Road was already constructed. On 11/02/1942, when there was the second world war, the British were forced to lose Bukit Timah and the road to the Japanese since they knew that the chances of them continuing with the island defense were very little. The reason was that all of British supplies and food were stored in Bukit Timah which was then taken by the Japanese.
It is widely known that the famous Bukit Timah Road became among the earliest roads to be constructed in Singapore. When the Japanese occupied Bukit Timah, their troops then built a Shinto shrine, syonan jinja ( the Singapore’s occupation name was then syonan jinja), which resembled the Yakusuni shrine that was located in Japan but that in Bukit Timah was somehow smaller compared to the one in Japan. Two of the Japanese memorials died during the war and those of British and its empire that died while protecting Singapore had to be built towards the site. British POW’s representatives, Japanese commanders, and students had to gather at the site during various occupations to give their last respect.